as the disease is costly and places people at high risk for severe complications and chronic diseases.”
– American Medical Association.
According to the snapshot provided by the Center for Disease Control, 30.3 million people suffer from diabetes.
- It’s estimated a whopping 1 out of 3 people are still not diagnosed.
- Plus, 84.1 million have prediabetes and 9 out of 10 don’t know they have it.
- The estimated cost for lost work and wages is over $245 billion!
TYPES OF DIABETES
What Can You Do?
Avoid foods with a high glycemic index:
- Refined Starches
- Restaurant Fast Food
Foods for Diabetics:
- Fiber is your friend! Raw veggies and ancient grains are a great source!
- Salads. Make your own Dressing!
- Steamed Vegetables. Light and easily digestible.
- Avocado – High in Omega 3’s. Fight Inflammation.
- Walnuts – Food for the Brain.
- Fresh Wild Fish – High in Omega 3’s.
- Beans – High Fiber and Protein
Dr Margaret Ashwell, former science director of the British Nutrition Foundation:
“Keeping your waist circumference to less than half your height can help increase life expectancy for every person in the world.”
Dr. Sears offers these further guidelines:
“A low risk circumference waistline for men is under 40 inches for men and 35 inches for women.
Look for a healthy body mass index to be less than 25.”
Log into your Neolife back office for more information regarding diabetes.